Give your learners the Linux knowledge they need to begin their journey in IT training.
NDG Linux Unhatched, developed by Network Development Group and available at no charge, features up to 8 hours of course material designed to be integrated as an introductory chapter into any IT training course. NDG Linux Unhatched eases learners into Linux knowledge, in an environment that allows them to gain skills through hands-on practice.
Why is learning Linux beneficial for your learners?
- Linux is everywhere! Linux is used by web servers, personal computers, mobile devices, and more.
- Linux is operating system software that is found in many areas of IT (i.e, cloud technology, virtualization, cybersecurity, networking…).
- Linux is an open source product. Open source technology skills are in high-demand in today’s job market.
- Linux skills are needed for many IT professional tracks. For example, knowledge of basic Linux commands is a prerequisite for IT certification programs like the popular Cisco CCNA Cyber Ops
Updates to NDG Linux Unhatched
The latest updates to NDG Linux Unhatched provide additional content to help both learners and instructors, along with updated graphics for a fresh, new look. Updates include:
- Alignment to several (not all) new 2018 LPI.org Linux Essentials Exam 010 v1.6 objectives
- Course PowerPoint slides for instructors
- New “Why Learn Linux?” Introduction
- Highlights the importance of Linux knowledge
- Added information about Linux opportunities (CCNA Cyber Ops)
- New content and commands designed to align to CCNA Cyber Ops:
- Viewing Files (new):
- Commands: cat, head, tail
- Network Configuration (updated):
- Commands: ifconfig, ping (new)
- Redirection (new):
- I/O Redirection – Standard Output (writing to files)
- Commands: cat, echo
To access NDG Linux Unhatched: https://www.netdevgroup.com/online/courses/unhatched.html